Hiển thị các bài đăng có nhãn spree. Hiển thị tất cả bài đăng
Hiển thị các bài đăng có nhãn spree. Hiển thị tất cả bài đăng

Thứ Năm, 28 tháng 3, 2013

Mum facing eviction for son's crime spree

THE Department of Housing is trying to evict a mother from her public housing home after her son was charged with a series of neighbourhood burglaries.

The department sought an eviction order against the mother, who has lived in the same southside Brisbane house for 18 years, because of complaints about her son's "objectionable behaviour".

The boy, 14, is yet to face court for the alleged break and enters and attempted break-ins at neighbourhood homes.

Some of the alleged victims live either side of the family and two other victims live in a neighbouring street.

Sergeant Peter Rowlands, of Morningside police, told a Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal hearing that stolen property from one of the burgled neighbouring homes had been found in the boy's house.

An alleged victim who lives in a nearby street told the hearing how he came home last month to discover his house had been broken into and property stolen.

The resident said a few days later, after he had changed the locks, a neighbour phoned to tell him his house was in the process of being broken into again.

Another resident told how frightened she was when she heard someone trying to break into her house on February 18 and thought somebody might be inside.

She said her house was now locked up "like a fortress", and since being told that the alleged offender lived less than 100 metres away, she had become too scared to even hang out washing at night.

"I'm frightened of living in my own house," she said.

The boy, who has mental health problems, is to receive support from Micah Projects and be involved in a Child Safety program.

QCAT adjudicator John Bertelsen said if the boy was found guilty of the offences he would make an eviction order, but at this stage there was insufficient evidence.

He adjourned the case for eight weeks.


View the original article here

Thứ Ba, 26 tháng 3, 2013

Couple on $7m Hilton spending spree

Hilton Hotel

The Hilton Surfers Paradise. Picture: Supplied

A BRISBANE couple has taken advantage of big price cuts and splashed out more than $7 million on 10 apartments in the $700 million Hilton Surfers Paradise.

The purchase - one of the biggest recent multiple property investments - takes total sales in the landmark Surfers Paradise tower to $35 million this year.

The businessman and his wife, who did not want to be named, snapped up the 10 two-bedroom apartments in the Orchid Tower, between levels 34 and 44.

In pictures: Hilton Surfers Paradise apartments

The couple have placed eight of the apartments into the hotel's letting pool and will hold on to the other two as an investment.

Agents said 42 apartments in Hilton had sold since January, off the back of a national marketing campaign after prices in the tower were reduced by more than 30 per cent.

The 360 Project Marketing managing director Peter Malady said it had been the Hilton's strongest summer selling season since the project was launched in 2007.

Mr Malady said the couple's pick-up was one of the largest recent single-line apartment investments on the Gold Coast.

"The buyer has opted to maximise his passive income by purchasing multiple apartments, which he has the option of renting or placing in the holiday letting pool, for the same price as a luxury home in some of the Gold Coast's most prestigious suburbs," Mr Malady said.

"The Gold Coast has just experienced its best summer for tourism in five or six years and in turn, the city's prestige property sector recorded one of the its best summer sales periods since the global financial crisis."

He said price reductions of up to 36 per cent had lured buyers from across Australia and internationally since early 2012.

Read more on this story at the Gold Coast Bulletin.

HomeLife

Extra hours won't help you get ahead

Stressed worker

WORKAHOLICS and office stalwarts beware: just because you've become part of the furniture doesn't mean you're primed for promotion.

Freed hostage bans wife from seeing him

Miraflor Gutang

THE Filipino wife of freed Aussie Warren Rodwell - who claimed she sold her house to pay his $94,000 ransom - cannot see him.

Agents strive for 'honesty' reputation

Agent

AGENTS are determined to create a better reputation for their profession through hard work, an industry expert says.

Job loss worries more borrowers

piggy bank

MORTGAGE stress is on the rise as Australians worry about losing their jobs.

Council acts on late rates

Money

STRUGGLING businesses and homeowners owe Townsville City Council more than $1 million in overdue rates.

Couple on $7m Hilton spending spree

Hilton Hotel

A COUPLE has taken a big punt on the luxury property market turning a corner, splashing out millions on five-star hotel apartments.

Penthouse is petrolhead paradise

Melbourne

CALLING all F1 fanatics. Now you can live beside a Grand Prix track 365 days of the year, and in luxury.


View the original article here