Chủ Nhật, 10 tháng 3, 2013

Branson sorry for Virgin uniform removal

Richard Branson

Sir Richard Branson stands outside a hotel in Sydney, Australia, holding a model Virgin Atlantic plane. Picture: Photo/Rob Griffith

RICHARD Branson has apologised to a British Royal Navy helicopter technician who was told she could not board a flight from London Heathrow to Los Angeles unless she removed her uniform and changed into a sleep suit instead.

Virgin Atlantic staff and a security official allegedly told Petty Officer Nicky Howse her uniform may offend other passengers.

Mr Branson tweeted: "An airport security guard made a dreadful mistake in telling our staff a service woman could not wear her uniform on our flight.

"Our team made a mistake in following that advice. The @VirginAtlantic people involved are mortified and have apologised profusely."

Officer Howse, 32, was returning home to America after attending her grandfather's funeral in Ipswich.

In an email sent to a civilian friend, revealed by the Daily Mail, Petty Office Howse wrote: "It was horrific. I was made to feel uncomfortable in my own country for wearing the uniform I wear to defend the place. It made me ashamed of my country that a British serviceman can't travel in uniform. I was so distressed."

"I was basically told it was because 'We don't only fly British passengers' and told it was seen as a threat. They then said it was for my own safety to stop abuse."


View the original article here

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét